Today starts another year, and as much as I don't believe in new years resolutions (basically just plans you end up forgetting about by Feb), "making plans" and trying to see them through, is something I believe in. And the fact it just happens to coincide with the beginning of the year is more a convenience than anything.
In the spirit of Seth Godin's blog where he just writes something (every day?), I'm going to try that here also. Just write something. Every day.
I've been giving this a bit of thought- the "why" in "why do we do the things we do?"- and, as much as is humanly possible (for me), I'm going to try and do things purely for what it means to me. Difficult- yes, but not impossible and certainly won't be done perfectly. Mistakes will be made.
So, instead of new resolutions, I'm going to look at the whys.
- Regular blog posts. Why? To improve my writing and thought processes.
- Twitch stream. Why? To foster the "learn in public" philosophy and grow a community of like-minded learners.
- 75 Hard. Why? To develop the mental resilience, and kickstart and continue good, healthy daily habits.
- Reading more books. Why? honestly, to know and understand more things.
- TryHackme/HackTheBox/OSCP. Why? To get really good level of red teaming skills.
- Niutech (Pasifika Tech Club). Why? To expose more Pasifika Community to IT and opportunities in the IT industry,ry, in and for their best interests and no-one elses.
It might work, it might not. There's only one way to find out.
“Putting things off is the biggest waste of life: it snatches away each day as it comes, and denies us the present by promising the future. The greatest obstacle to living is expectancy, which hangs upon tomorrow and loses today. You are arranging what lies in Fortune’s control, and abandoning what lies in yours. What are you looking at? To what goal are you straining? The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.” – Seneca.